***No voting until further notice***
Friends of Riverside ATX Neighborhood Association
ARTICLE I. STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The purposes for which the Neighborhood Association is organized are:
- To represent the interests of all Riverside residents, property owners and business owners.
- To promote an inclusive and friendly environment.
- To promote a more walkable, bikeable, and transit friendly neighborhood.
- To encourage people to live in Riverside.
- To help existing local businesses and bring new local businesses into the neighborhood.
- To promote policies that encourage diversity in both use and population.
- All other objectives as approved by the Neighborhood Council or membership.
ARTICLE II. NEIGHBORHOOD BOUNDARY
The neighborhood association boundary is as follows:
Northern Boundary: Lady Bird Lake
Southern Boundary: Oltorf Street including the rear lot lines of properties on the south side of Oltorf.
Western Boundary: IH 35
Eastern Boundary: Pleasant Valley including the rear lot line of properties on the east side of Pleasant Valley Rd.
ARTICLE III. OFFICERS
The Neighborhood Council will consist of a Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer and three additional members, each from a different category of membership – renter, home owner, business owner, or property owner. The council members of this association shall hold office for a term of one (1) year. The term of office shall begin at the close of the Annual Meeting on the first Monday in March.
- The Chairman shall preside over meetings, functions and events, shall act for and in behalf of the membership of the association, shall appoint any special committees necessary for the operation of association business, and shall act as official spokesperson for the association.
- The Vice Chairman shall, in the absence of the Chairman, assume all of the duties of that office and shall be responsible for publicity and notifications of meetings of the association.
- The Secretary shall keep a permanent record of all formal meetings and all legal documents and legal transactions of the association. The Secretary shall transcribe the minutes of each meeting, shall publish to the Friends of Riverside official website, and shall maintain a file copy of same.
- The Treasurer shall keep all financial receipts and a permanent record of all financial business of the association. Financials will be updated quarterly on the Friends of Riverside official website. A complete and audited financial report shall be submitted at each annual meeting.
- The remaining council members shall serve in the capacity of gathering and disseminating information critical to the implementation of the purpose of the association.
ARTICLE IV. MEMBERSHIP
- The membership of this association shall consist of residents, property owners or businesses within the neighborhood who have submitted their names on/for a membership list and have had their identity verified by the association. Verification will require the following:
- A state issued photo ID with a Friends of Riverside ATX address
- A photo ID along with one piece of unopened mail with a Friends of Riverside ATX address
- Other forms of identification deemed reasonable by the Neighborhood Council
- Membership shall be open to all residents, property owners and businesses within the boundaries of the association or within 300 feet of the boundaries, as described herein.
- A Voting Member shall be a person or business that has established membership in the association. Each person over the age of 18, business within the neighborhood, and non-resident property shall be entitled to one vote. Businesses or non-resident property owners that own multiple businesses or properties are eligible for one vote.
- Charging of dues or membership fees shall not be made; however, voluntary contributions will be accepted and fund raising may be authorized by the Board.
- Membership shall not be denied on the basis of views or opinions contrary to the goals and purposes of the association.
ARTICLE V. COMMITTEES
- The Chairman shall have the power to appoint committees as necessary to implement the purposes of the association.
- The Chairman shall be an ex-officio member of all committees.
ARTICLE VI. ANNUAL MEETINGS
An annual meeting shall be held on the first Monday of march at a time and place designated by the President.
- Annual meetings will be held to verify the votes for officers and Neighborhood Council members and changes to the by-laws.
- Should a meeting other than the annual meeting be needed at least a fourteen (14) day notice shall be provided in advance of any association meeting. Every effort will be made to notify all interested parties and members of the Association by either electronic communication, direct mailing, pamphlets, newsletters, or announcements at regularly scheduled meetings.
- All meetings shall be public and open to any interested persons.
ARTICLE VII. VOTING
All voting involving the membership will be done online based on the voter database maintained by the membership committee.
- Voting on issues will be through Helios Voting (https://vote.heliosvoting.org/) unless changed by the Neighborhood Council.
- The Neighborhood Council will be responsible for the content of what is being voted on, the wording of the voting language, and if an item is voted on.
- Any member can request the Neighborhood Council put an item up for a vote. The decision to vote on an item is made by a majority of the Neighborhood Council.
- All vote selections remain strictly confidential and may never be accessed by anyone including the members of the Neighborhood Council.
- All voter personal information such as email addresses, home addresses, or phone numbers will remain strictly confidential. Only the Neighborhood Council will have access to personal voter information and may never provide that information. Voter names may be provided and may appear with voting.
- The Neighborhood Council will be responsible for verifying the identity of individuals applying for voting membership.
- Voter rolls shall be checked yearly to verify voter eligibility.
- Association members whose status changes in a way that no longer makes them eligible to vote are responsible for asking to be removed.
- The Friends of Riverside shall on their website provide a page for Association members to change their voting status.
- All votes will remain open for at least 72 hours.
- All votes and comments that will be provided by Friends of Riverside to decision makers will be announced on the Friends of Riverside Google Group and Facebook Page.
ARTICLE VIII. NOMINATIONS, ELECTIONS, ANNUAL REPORTS AND INSTALLATION OF OFFICERS
- Nominations of Officers and Neighborhood Council members shall be proposed by voting members and a slate created 30 days prior to voting by all members.
- The Friends of Riverside shall on their website provide a page for candidates to engage the membership, share their vision, and answer questions proposed by membership.
- Upon installation of the Neighborhood Council members whose terms begin at the close of the Annual Meeting, all documents, records, and any materials pertaining to the duties of the office as designated in the bylaws which are in the possession of the outgoing Officers shall be submitted to the newly elected counterpart within 14 days of the installation.
- Any vacancy occurring during the term of any Officer shall be filled by appointment by the Neighborhood Council.
ARTICLE IX. FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Expenditure of funds of the association may not be made without the signatures of at least two (2) of the Officers and the Treasurer.
- Financial records and funds of the association shall be audited at least once a year by a committee of at least two (2) Voting Members of the Association appointed by the Chairman prior to a new Treasurer’s taking office.
ARTICLE X. AMENDMENT OF BYLAWS
- These bylaws may be amended by a majority vote of the Neighborhood Membership.
- Proposed amendments can be brought forward by any member 45 days prior to the annual meeting, discussed, voted on prior to the meeting and if passed ratified by the Neighborhood Council at the annual meeting.
ARTICLE XI. GENERAL
- Meeting discussions will be conducted in a conversational format with special regard for a dialogue that is respectful and considerate of all in attendance.
- If any part of the Bylaws or the application thereof is hereafter held invalid or unenforceable, the remainder shall not be affected thereby, and only the affected portions are declared eliminated.
- No officer, representative, spokesperson or member shall have any financial liability of the association.